As a designer, I often get this situation. “I had you build this website, but it doesn’t get much traffic! No one knows it’s there. Did you submit it to the search engines? What about SEO?”
McAllister Park Design does optimize for search engines (SEO): Implementing on-page techniques to improve the website’s visibility on search engine result pages. Using Google and Bing, the website is “submitted.” This process could take a bit and is in the control of those companies. They also control where you rank in the search engine results, which changes daily or even hourly.
That fact is, in a world of approximately 1.8 billion websites (a constantly changing number), you can’t rely on just search engines. Marketing your website involves several different tactics to be “successful” (another constantly changing level).
Marketing a new website involves several strategies and tactics to attract visitors and generate awareness about your online presence.
Here are some steps to help you market your new website effectively:
- Define your target audience: Determine the specific group of people who are most likely to be interested in your website’s content, products, or services. Understanding your target audience will help you tailor your marketing efforts to reach them effectively.
- When writing content for your website, focus on relevant keywords, meta tags, and quality content. If you aren’t confident about this, consider hiring a copywriter to improve your website text.
- Off-line SEO includes creating link-building strategies to improve your search rankings. Comments about your website on blogs or other platforms can help your search engine position.
- Develop a unique value proposition: Clearly articulate what sets your website apart from others and why users should visit it. Highlight the benefits and value users will gain from engaging with your site. For example: Is there a discount by visiting or signing up for a mailing list? Is your product unique in the industry?
- Leverage social media platforms: Create profiles on popular social media platforms where your target audience is active. Regularly share engaging content, promote your website’s features or offerings, and interact with your audience to build a loyal following.
- Content marketing: Produce high-quality content that aligns with your target audience’s interests. Write blog posts, create videos, or develop infographics that provide valuable information and insights. Promote your content through various channels, including social media, email newsletters, and guest posting on other websites.
- Email marketing: Build an email list by offering a newsletter or other incentives to encourage visitors to subscribe. Send regular updates, exclusive content, and personalized offers to keep your subscribers engaged and encourage them to visit your website.
- Influencer marketing: Identify influencers or niche experts with a significant following. Collaborate with them to create sponsored content, guest blog posts, or social media campaigns that promote your website to their audience.
- Online advertising: Consider using pay-per-click (PPC) advertising platforms, such as Google Ads or social media advertising, to reach a broader audience. Create targeted ad campaigns based on demographics, interests, and search intent to drive traffic to your website.
- Utilize guest blogging: Write informative articles or blog posts for other websites in your industry. Include a link back to your website in the author bio or within the content itself. This helps drive referral traffic and improves your website’s visibility.
- Monitor analytics and make data-driven decisions: Use tools like Google Analytics to track your website’s performance, including visitor traffic, engagement metrics, and conversion rates. Analyze the data to identify areas of improvement and make informed marketing decisions. McAllister Park Design offers monthly analytic reports as part of its maintenance packages.
Remember, marketing is an ongoing process, and it’s crucial to adapt and refine your strategies based on the feedback and results you receive. Experiment with different marketing channels and techniques to find the most effective methods for promoting your new website.